Currently Listening To: Misty Menace, from the game Donkey Kong Country.
(eerie song by the way. Imagine walking through an abandoned, foggy mine).
So for Camp NaNoWriMo, I think I’m going to do this one cold. No outline.
I’ll just have a little cheat sheet with character names, important places, and other details. I’ll let the plot write itself.
Who knows what will happen?
If you haven’t signed up yet, make sure to do so if you want to start in June (which is this Friday!)
I’ll try to post daily, but I’m not making any promises.
Currently Listening To: Mr. Crowley, as covered by Cradle of Filth
As some may know, every summer there is the event known as Camp NaNoWriMo. It’s a summer getaway for writers who want to challenge themselves or just need a boost.
As my writing has stagnated over the past few months, I figure a little competitive word rush will help me out.
So what do I need to do to get ready?
- Clean writing area – there’s no way in hell I can write if my desk is a mess! I left an old soda on the table and it seeped out of the cup. It’s sticky. Ew.
- Snacks – there will be times where I will be stuck to my desk. I better have some easy-to-eat snacks that can keep me going!
- Caffiene – I’m a junkie remember?
- iPod – I cannot write without music. Seriously.
- Sanity – As much as I’d love to take a whole month off from work, that’s not going to happen. There will be days where I come home from a stressful day of work and I take it out on my computer. I need to avoid destroying my computer!
Anyone else here doing Camp NaNoWriMo?